Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal

2:36 PM



I love making big breakfasts on Sunday that will last me throughout the week.  With a long drive to work, I have to leave the house before I have a chance to eat breakfast.  Baked oatmeal makes a great breakfast to easily eat and enjoy when I get to work.  I love that this recipe is hearty and helps keep me satisfied until lunch time.

Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal

Slightly modified from Two Peas and Their Pod

2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups skim milk (or milk of your choice)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
1 1/4 cups diced apples (leave the skins on, about 1 large apple)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8x8 baking dish.

In a medium bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.  In a small bowl wish together milk, egg, and vanilla extract.   Add milk mixture to oats.  Stir in peanut butter until smooth.  Mix in apples.

Place oatmeal in 8x8 baking dish and bake until golden brown, 35 minutes.






You Might Also Like

0 comments